Sunday, October 19, 2008

Childbirth Preparation Class Weekend

Here is me at 26 weeks pregnant! Next week I start my 3rd trimester. It is getting close. My sciatic pain seems to be all gone....knock on wood.
Here is a close up of my baby bump. It gets bigger everyday and Baby Monkey loves to kick all day long. She is an active little girl :)
Kevin is brewing up a batch of beer. It will be an Amber Pale Ale. It is his 2 favorite beers combined into one. It takes a couple of hours to brew, then it takes 2 weeks to ferment, and then 2 weeks in bottles before it can be drank. So in about a month or so, we'll know if it tastes good. Generally all of his home brews are really good. I'm going to make him save one for me! It has been torture not being able to drink!!!

It was a slow week, so I thought I would add a picture of our current baby. Isn't Guido sooo cute? I don't think he has a clue that I am pregnant. He doesn't seem to notice my belly at all. It will be quite a surprise when we bring her home. He loves babies and kids, though, so I think he will be really excited. We just have to keep him from licking her to death! We already have a spray bottle bought in preparation.

This weekend Kevin and I had our Childbirth Preparation Classes at Mary Birth Hospital for Women. This is where our Baby Monkey will be born! This hospital delivers more than 8,000 babies (more than any other hospital in all of California). It is such a popular hospital that some people in our class will be driving over an hour to deliver there. It is only a 15 minute drive from where we live. We feel pretty good about that. We also received a tour of the hospital and were really impressed with the rooms. They make childbirth seem like one long relaxing yoga session......I'm not falling for that :)

We had our choice of either 6 Saturdays in a row for 2.5 hours, or a crash course over a Saturday and Sunday from 9-3. We chose the crash course (we couldn't miss that much college football)!

It was pretty interesting, but it sure did consume our weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute Jilly! You've definitely got that beautiful pregnant glow! :-)
The class just scared me... I stop going.. haha...I breathed how ever the hell I wanted to!
From what I can see of the house It's beautiful! I've never seen pictures of your house... Sipe slacks on keeping me informed :-(
Well.. the 3rd trimester will bring you a whole new set of things to deal with! It'll be fun though for sure... Those last 2 weeks are the WORST so enjoy your belly now :-) Your looking great girl!