Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hayden is 1 week old today!!!!

Today is Hayden's 1week birthday! She has had a very busy week with lots of visitors. Dale stopped by to hold her. Doesn't he look like a natural?
Dale brought over the softest teddy bear for our little burrito...

Here she is with her eyes and mouth open. Right now her eyes are basically gray in color. Kev and I are thinking she will either have brown or green eyes. Kev's eyes are green and mine are green and brown. We'll have to wait and see. So far she looks the most like Kev, so she'll probably have green eyes. The only thing I can claim on her is her nose.

Nap time. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kev is the king of swaddling. This is a Pottery Barn blanket that my friend Ashley gave us. It is an awesome swaddle blanket because it stretches a bit. Thanks Ashley!!!

Wendi and RJ came over for a visit as well.

Our little monkey has the chubbiest and cutest cheeks ever, so I have started calling her my little Chunky Monkey. Hopefully she won't have a complex, but I just can't help myself. I mean, look at those cheeks!!
Kev and I attempted Hayden's first sponge bath. Attempted was pretty accurate. Hayden did not enjoy it and neither did mom and dad. This will take some practice.....

I think Hayden could tell we didn't know what we were doing. She doesn't seem to happy, huh?

Daddy multi-tasking at its best. Here he is holding Hayden and working. Adorable...

Hayden has some impressive neck muscles so we have started Tummy Time. She doesn't seem to mind it at all. She picks her head up a bit and looks around a bit, and then lays back down.

My co-worker Cyndi stopped by after work for a visit and brought Kev and I dinner.

Here she is chillin. Although her right hand looks like she is getting ready to attack the camera. Don't know what that's about....

Our Dr. told us that it is important for dad and baby to have skin to skin contact so that Hayden can get used to Kev's smell and bond with him. The best we could do was skin to hair contact. It will have to do :) She seemed to enjoy it. She was passed out for 2 hours like that.

My Aunt Karla and Uncle Jim stopped by to hold Hayden.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh
















3 comments:

JHobey said...

SIPE! After all this time we finally found the reason for the dent! Its the perfect baby holder!! She's adorable.

Kevin and Jill said...

Yes it is! The curse has stopped with Kevin. Luckily Hayden doesn't have the dent. But this summer we are going to fill it with water and let her swim in it :)

Anonymous said...

HI Kevin, Jill and baby Hayden! I saw your parents at Christmas and they told me you were expecting...she's beautiful! My mom received a pic in the mail from your parents and it had this link attached. Cute site! I tried emailing, but it bounced back...what is your current email? Jill--you looked amazing at delivery and the baby looks perfect! Drop me a line sometime...msfoster@umich.edu

Love, Mindy (Foster) Schlechter