Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year and Nesting!!!

For New Years, Kevin and I went to Damien's house. Damien is the boyfriend of Colleen. Colleen is a co-worker of Kevins. We had a great time! Here is a picture of Colleen and I.












We had wonderful tiara's. I think Billy sports it the best :)












More pictures of us in our tiaras...














Here is a picture of Kevin and Damien.



The house had darts, a pool table, and the Wii. There was a ton to do. I rock at Wii bowling (although I didn't win)






Happy New Year! At Midnight we all counted down and then had champagne. I had brought some sparkling apple cider.....so festive :)



On Friday while Kevin worked, I decided to clean our condo. Our condo is about 870 square feet. Nothing big, but plenty of room for our new addition. We have lived in our condo for 4 years now. I must have been in nesting mode because I decided to clean EVERYTHING! I dusted the baseboards, cleaned the stainless steel, the ceiling fans, all the ceiling corners, and even the outlets. Mom would be so proud! Well, 6 HOURS LATER...I was just wrapping up when Kevin got home. Needless to say, I was very sore the next day:) So for the people that have never been to our humble abode, here are some pics. This is our kitchen that we gutted about 2 years ago. Gotta love IKEA....




This is our downstairs bathroom. It is small, but it has a full size shower in there.







Dining room area....









Living room area.... I don't know what is on the TV right there. It must be a commercial because we were watching the Dolphin/Raven game...








Back patio. About 3.5 years ago, we mosaic-ed the floor, added the lattice and put a storage shed back there. It is one of my favorite areas....








Last project of our condo is redoing the staircase. I had scraped off most of the paint, taken out the rungs, and even stripped the carpeting off of one stair. It looks horrible! 2009 will be the YEAR OF THE STAIRS!!! I said that in 2008 too, but I mean it this time :)











Once you are up the stairs it is set up like a Jack and Jill (pun intended). This is our bedroom.












2nd bath. this has a tub/shower














And of course, baby monkey's room! We also have an attic, which is awesome for storage (especially because I have a ridiculous amount of Christmas decorations).














1 comment:

Ashley Dunaway said...

You know what nesting means!!!! Only two weeks to go ( old wives tail ) since I never had that nesting moment I should still be pregers. You look wonderful.