Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Stairs!!!

Daddy and Hayden napping....
Hayden is totally drinking from a sippy cup now. No more bottles (what a big girl) We started her on milk last week (1/2 formula and 1/2 milk) and she is doing really well
How cute is this outfit? Thanks cousin Carli for all the adorable hand-me-downs
Hayden had her first sleep over with Uncle Michael and Auntie Mandy on Saturday while we went to Kevin's work party. She had a great time and was spoiled rotten! Michael fed her a push pop from the ice cream man.
Approximately 3 years ago, I decided I wanted to re-do our stairs. We started scraping off the paint, taking out the rungs, pulling the carpet of the stairs, etc - and then found out we were in WAY over our heads. And this is how our staircase remained for 3 years!
How ghetto is this?
So once Hayden started walking, we realized that we really had to get these stairs done. So we hired a contractor to come in and replace the rungs and the steps. Then Kevin and I (mostly Kevin) stained and painted the wood.....
Ta-Da!!! How beautiful does this look? Not only is it safe, but I think very nice looking :)
The natural wood steps are my favorite! Every time I walk down them, I smile and say "I love my stairs" Kevin wonders if the novelty will wear off.........NEVER!!!!
Ahhhhh satisfaction!


Here are some videos for ya! Per Uncle Craig's request, there is a video of her walking. Hayden has also started getting into dancing and spinning around in circles. Enjoy! And look out for the blog next week when our little monkey turns 1!!!!

3 comments:

Ashley Dunaway said...

She is sooo big! Little Hayden and Big Taylor need to get together to party.

Stacy said...

Stairs look awesome!

It makes me happy that she dances to Keith Urban and Taylor Swift! She's got good taste.

Elisa said...

Your daughter is precious!

Your stair remodeling WOW! Love the colors.

http://2010fotos.blogspot.com/2010/01/day-27.html