Sunday, November 25, 2012

Charleston, Thanksgiving, Baby Brooklyn

 2 weeks ago, Kevin and I got to go to Charleston SC with my company.  We had a great time and Clay and Lisa watched Hayden and Quinn.  We stayed in a historic hotel (The Planters) and it was amazing.....turn down service and all!
 The view from our hotel
 I got to hang out with two coworkers from San Diego and San Fran.  It was great to see Ashley and Andrea. 
 Eating at Poogan's Porch.  The scallops over cheesey grits were to.die.for!
 Most of my company works remote so it was great to put faces to the name.  These people live in (FL, CA, TX and GA)
 The trees in Charleston were amazing
 So was the food.  You are looking at Fried Chicken Skins with hot sauce and pig ear lettuce wraps!
 Kevin and I stayed a few more days with Stephanie and Craig (who also live in Columbus).  Starting the day off right with bottomless mimosas!
 yeah.....I could live in this :)
 When we returned we got ready to host the Seiple Thanksgiving.  Here is Grandma Jo and Quinn.  See any resemblance?
 Papa and Hay
 Gracie was a huge help.  She is a great cook and has her own blog "minicookingqueen"  Check it out!  I follow it so you can access it from my site.
 Chef Kevin made a fabulous turkey!
 Clay was the King of the gravy
 Hayden.....well, she was just Hayden.....
 ahhhhhhh
 Lisa and I
 Papap, Uncle Clay and Hay
 Gracie and Mitch
 We also celebrated Papap's 70th birthday!
 Quinn and Hayden love their Grandma Jo and Papap
 We went to Kalida to watch the Buckeye's beat Michigan and got to see my friend Jill's 2 week old, Brooklyn.  Hayden loved her!
The beautiful mom and baby.

No comments: