Sunday, August 21, 2011

Diaper Party for Quinn!

Hayden is a pretty good eater. But like any parent, we get the occasional Orange Pepper on the nose. She was quite pleased with herself
We got our tile fixed so this weekend was spent really cleaning the house for Quinn's arrival (less than one month away!). There was dust everywhere from the jackhammering, pouring of concrete and laying tile. Hayden offered to help out with the cleaning as well.

On Saturday, Hayden and Kevin went to Dan and Lynn's for the annual Summer cookout. They had a great time. Hayden LOVES playing with Cassie and Emily.

Auntie Wendi makes the cutest dolls (Mr. Peepers Creatures). This is Hayden's and she absolutely loves it!

On Saturday, I went over to Sally's because (even though I protested) my girlfriends insisted on throwing Quinn a shower. I have absolutely everything I need, but I couldn't argue with the fact that I could always use diapers. So they threw me a diaper party. It was a small gathering and very fun. Tons of laughs, diapers, and great food. Even Hayden made out with some gifts. Here I am holding a ladybug icepack for Hay (from Sally). If you look, you can see a belly pic here (I have received numerous comments about how I have no belly pics) :)

Diaper shower was even complete with decorations. Who says the youngest child gets forgotten? Oh, that's right....I did! :)

more decorations

Even MORE decorations.

Wendi made Quinn a diaper cake

Quinn made out with tons of much needed diapers

cotton swabs and a binkie for Quinn

When I got home, Hayden was exhausted from her cookout at Dan and Lynn's, but she couldn't resist the balloons. She wouldn't let her go and demanded to take them to bed with her. We let her and figured we would walk in 10 minutes later and they would have floated to the ceiling once she fell asleep. NOPE. Here she is dead asleep and still clutching the balloons. We had to pry them from her little fingers :)

Hayden has learned all the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and she loves to sing it. Whenever she sings a song, she increases her decimal by about 100 points. Here she is (the little showboat) using her broom as a microphone and belting out Twinkle Twinkle. Unfortunately, she has her mom's voice :(



No comments: