Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dinner Party!!

This Saturday we went over to Andrea and Joe's for a "fancy" dinner party. The chef's were Andrea, Yogi, and Joe and the theme was New Orleans style food. Hayden got all dressed up for the occasion.
We also watched the buckeye game....but we won't talk about that :(
How cute is this little outfit? Thanks cousin Carli for the hand-me-down!
Had had to put on her apron and help out a little in the kitchen
too much?
Everyone had fun with Hay Hay's hat :)
I don't know....I think it works on Crosby!
Menu was as follows. Soup: Oyster Bisque
Angel Flake Biscuits and The Devil's Cornbread
Savoy cabbage with bacon salad.....delicious!!!
Crawfish Etouffee. This was my favorite! It was spicy and you poured it over white rice. I guess "Etouffee" means "to smother" It was amazing!!!
Gratin Dauphinois (potato Au gratin)
Shoulder of pork
Orange cake with chocolate ganache and berries. This was absolutely amazing!!! Hayden enjoyed most of everything (except the bisque and crawfish). I think the cake was her favorite :)
Nothing like a nice story after a big dinner. Although, I can't tell if Hayden is enjoying Uncle Lucas's version of "I lost my baa"
Hayden serenading me
Sunday was a gloomy and rainy day, so Kevin made chili. It was delicious. Hayden enjoyed it, until she fell asleep.

















1 comment: